- C.C. Satam, C.W. Irvin, C.J. Coffey, R.K. Geran, R. Rivera-Ibarra, M.L. Shofner, and J.C. Meredith, “Controlling barrier and mechanical properties of cellulose nanocrystals by blending with chitin nanofibers”, Biomacromolecules, In press.
- Z. Seibers, M. Orr, G.S. Collier, A. Henriquez, M. Gabel, M.L. Shofner, V. La Saponara, and J. Reynolds, “Chemically functionalized reduced graphene oxide as additives in polyethylene composites for space applications”, Polymer Engineering and Science, 60 (1), 86-94 (2020).
- Z.Z. Wang, C. Ma, S.A. Sinquefield, M.L. Shofner, and S. Nair, “High-performance graphene oxide nanofiltration membranes for black liquor concentration”, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 7 (17), 14915-14923 (2019).
- E.R. Fitzharris, D.W. Rosen, and M.L. Shofner, “Fast scanning calorimetry for semicrystalline polymers in fused deposition modeling”, Polymer, 166, 196-205 (2019).
- C.W. Irvin, C. Satam, J.C. Meredith, and M.L. Shofner, “Mechanical reinforcement and thermal properties of PVA tricomponent nanocomposites with chitin nanofibers and cellulose nanocrystals”, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 116, 147-157 (2019).
- E.R. Fitzharris, I. Watt, D.W. Rosen, and M.L. Shofner, “Interlayer bonding improvement of material extrusion parts with polyphenylene sulfide using the Taguchi method”, Additive Manufacturing, 24, 2087-2097 (2018).
- C.C. Satam, C.W. Irvin, A.W. Lang, J.C.R. Jallorina, M.L. Shofner, J.R. Reynolds, and J.C. Meredith, “Spray-coated multilayer cellulose nanocrystal – chitin nanofiber films for barrier applications”, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 6 (8), 10637–10644 (2018).
- E.R. Fitzharris, N. Watanabe, D.W. Rosen, and M.L. Shofner, “Effects of material properties on warpage in fused deposition modeling parts”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 95 (5-8), 2059-2070 (2018).
- D. Rosen, N. Watanabe, and M. Shofner “Tensile mechanical properties of polypropylene composites fabricated by material extrusion”, 2017 Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium Proceedings. Austin, Texas (2017).
- M.P. Orr and M.L. Shofner, “Processing strategies for cellulose nanocrystal/polyethylene-co-vinyl alcohol composites”, Polymer, 126, 211-223 (2017).
- N.S. Kevlich, M.L. Shofner, and S. Nair, “Membranes for Kraft black liquor concentration and chemical recovery: Current progress, challenges, and opportunities”, Separation Science and Technology, 52 (6), 1070-1094 (2017).
- J.H. Lee and M.L. Shofner, “Tensegrity-inspired polymer nanocomposites”, Polymer, 111, 9-19 (2017).
- R. Rashidi, N.S. Kevlich, S.A. Sinquefield, M.L. Shofner, and S. Nair, “Graphene oxide membranes in extreme operating environments: Concentration of Kraft black liquor by lignin retention”, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 5 (1), 1002-1009 (2017).
- N. Watanabe, M. Shofner, N. Treat, and D. Rosen, “A model for residual stress and part warpage prediction in material extrusion with application to polypropylene,” in 2016 Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium Proceedings. Austin, Texas (2016).
- C.E. Meree, G.T. Schueneman, J.C. Meredith, and M.L. Shofner, “Rheological behavior of highly loaded cellulose nanocrystal/poly(vinyl alcohol) composite suspensions”, Cellulose, 23, 3001-3012 (2016).
- P. Verma, M.L. Shofner, A. Lin, K.B. Wagner, and A.C. Griffin, “Induction of auxetic response in needle-punched nonwovens: Effects of temperature, pressure, and time”, Physica Status Solidi (b), 253, 1270–1278 (2016).
- N. Girouard, S. Xu, G.T. Schueneman, M.L. Shofner, and J.C. Meredith, “Site-selective modification of cellulose nanocrystals with isophorone diisocyanate and formation of polyurethane-CNC composites”, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 8, 1458-1467 (2016).
- P. Verma, M.L. Shofner, A. Lin, K.B. Wagner, and A.C. Griffin, “Inducing out-of-plane auxetic behavior in needle-punched nonwovens”, Physica Status Solidi (b), 252, 1455-1464 (2015).
- N. Girouard, G.T. Schueneman, M.L. Shofner, and J.C. Meredith, “Exploiting colloidal interfaces to increase dispersion, performance, and pot-life in cellulose nanocrystal/waterborne epoxy composites”, Polymer, 68, 111-121 (2015).
- M.L. Shofner, “Hierarchical Composites Containing Carbon Nanotubes”, In Hybrid and Hierarchical Composite Materials, Chang-Soo Kim, Charles Ransow, and Tomoko Sano, eds. New York: Springer (2015).
- M.R. Kincer, C.E. Meree, E.K. Goss, E.A. Mintz, and M.L. Shofner, “Thermomechanical properties of nanotubes in a thermosetting polyimide matrix: Relationship to the percolation threshold”, Composites Part A, 61, 60-66 (2014).
- P. Verma, M.L. Shofner, and A.C. Griffin, “Deconstructing the auxetic behaviour of paper”, Physica Status Solidi (b), 251, 289-296 (2014).
- T.R. Brown, R.P. Choudhury, C.E. Meree, H.W. Beckham S. Kumar, and M.L. Shofner, “Viscoelastic properties and structure of polyacrylonitile-co-methacrylic acid polymer solutions for gel spinning at long aging times”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 131, 39821(1-8) (2014).
- S. Xu, N.M. Girouard, G. Schueneman, M.L. Shofner, and J.C. Meredith, “Mechanical and thermal properties of waterborne epoxy composites containing cellulose nanocrystals”, Polymer, 54, 6589-6598 (2013).
- J.H. Lee and M.L. Shofner, “Copolymer-mediated synthesis of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles in an organic solvent”, Langmuir, 29, 10940–10944 (2013).
- S. Xu, N. Girouard, L. Cross, E. Mintz, G. Schueneman, M. Shofner, J.C. Meredith, “Mechanical and Thermal Property Enhancement in Cellulose Nanocrystal/Waterborne Epoxy Composites”, in Production and Applications of Cellulose Nanomaterials, Postek, M., Moon, R., Rudie, A., and Bilodeau, M., editors, TAPPI Press, Atlanta, (2013).
- R.A. Wolf, N. Girouard, S. Xu, J.C. Meredith, M.L. Shofner, L. Cross, E. Mintz, and G.T. Schueneman, “Adhesion improvements in cellulose nanocrystal interfaces”, Plastics Engineering, 69, 32-37 (2013).
- C. Espinosa-González, F.J. Rodriguez-Macias, A. Cano-Márquez, J. Kaur, M.L. Shofner, and Y.I. Vega-Cantu, “Polystyrene composites with very high carbon nanotubes loadings by in situ grafting polymerization”, Journal of Materials Research, 28, 1087-1096 (2013).
- J.H. Lee and M.L. Shofner, “Dispersion of polymer-decorated hydroxyapatite nanoparticles in poly(ethylene oxide) at low grafting densities”, Polymer, 53, 5146-5154 (2012).
- J.Kaur, J.H. Lee, D.G. Bucknall, and M.L. Shofner, “Enabling nanoparticle networking in semicrystalline polymer matrices”, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 4, 3111-3121 (2012).
- J.H. Lee, I.T. Kim, R. Tannenbaum, and M.L. Shofner, “Synthesis of polymer-decorated hydroxyapatite nanoparticles with a dispersed copolymer template”, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 22, 11556-11560 (2012).
- I.T. Kim, J.H. Lee, M.L. Shofner, K. Jacob, A. Tannenbaum, and R. Tannenbaum, “Crystallization kinetics and anisotropic properties of polyethylene oxide/magnetic carbon nanotubes composite films”, Polymer, 53, 2402-2411 (2012).
- D.G. Bucknall, G. Bernardo, M.L. Shofner, D. Nabankur, D. Raghavan, B.G. Sumpter, S. Sides, A. Huq, and A. Karim, “Phase-morphology and molecular structure correlations in model fullerene-polymer nanocomposites”, Materials Science Forum, 714, 63-66 (2012).
- M.R. Schlea, C.E Meree, R.A. Gerhardt, E.A. Mintz, and M.L. Shofner, “Network behavior of thermosetting polyimide/multiwalled carbon nanotube composites”, Polymer, 53, 1020-1027 (2012).
- J. Kaur, J.H. Lee, and M.L. Shofner, “Influence of polymer matrix crystallinity on nanocomposite morphology and properties”, Polymer, 52, 4337-4344 (2011).
- R.D. Goodridge, M.L. Shofner, R.J.M. Hague, M.R. Schlea, R.B. Johnson, and C.J. Tuck, “Processing of a polyamide-12/carbon nanofibre composite by laser sintering”, Polymer Testing, 30, 94-100 (2011).
2010 and earlier
- E.V. Barrera, E.L. Corral, M.L. Shofner, and D. Simien, “Fundamentals of Carbon-Based Nanocomposites” in Polymer Nanocomposites Handbook. R.K. Gupta, E. Kennel, and K.-J. Kim, eds., Boca Raton: CRC Press (2010).
- S.S. Sternstein, S. Amanuel, and M.L. Shofner, “On reinforcement mechanisms in nanofilled polymer melts and elastomers”, Rubber Chemistry and Technology, 83, 181-198 (2010).
- M.R. Schlea, T.R. Brown, J.R. Bush, J.M. Criss, E.A. Mintz, and M.L. Shofner, “Dispersion control and characterization in multiwalled carbon nanotube and phenylethynyl-terminated imide composites”, Composites Science and Technology, 70, 822-828, (2010).
- X. Hu, R.B. Johnson, M.R. Schlea, J. Kaur, and M.L. Shofner, “The effect of matrix morphology on nanocomposite properties”, Polymer, 51, 748-754, (2010).
- J. Kaur and M.L. Shofner, “Surface area effects in hydroxyapatite/poly(ε-caprolactone) nanocomposites”, Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, 210, 677-688 (2009).
- R.B. Johnson, M.R. Schlea, and M.L. Shofner, “Melt processing of carbon nanotube/polyamide composites” in Proceedings of the ’09 SAMPE Conference and Exhibition. Baltimore, Maryland (2009).
- J.M. Criss, Jr., W.D. Powell, J.W. Connell, Y. Stallworth-Bordain, T.R. Brown, E.A. Mintz, M.R. Schlea, and M.L. Shofner, “Nano-particle enhanced polymer materials for space flight applications” in Proceedings of the ’09 SAMPE Conference and Exhibition. Baltimore, Maryland (2009).
- R.A. Narayanan, P. Thiyagarajan A. Zhu, B. Ash, M.L. Shofner, L.S. Schadler, S.K. Kumar, and S.S. Sternstein, “Nanostructural features in silica-polyvinyl acetate nanocomposites characterized by small-angle scattering”, Polymer, 48, 5734 (2007).
- M.L. Shofner, V.N. Khabashesku, and E.V. Barrera, “Processing and mechanical properties of fluorinated single-wall carbon nanotube-polyethylene composites”, Chemistry of Materials, 18, 906 (2006).
- E.V. Barrera, M.L. Shofner, and E.L. Corral, “Applications: Composites” in Carbon Nanotubes: Science and Applications. M. Meyyappan, ed., Boca Raton: CRC Press (2005)
- M.L. Shofner, F.J. Rodriguez-Macias, R. Vaidyanathan, and E.V. Barrera, “Single wall nanotube and vapor grown carbon fiber reinforced polymers processed by extrusion freeform fabrication”, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 34, 1207 (2003).
- M.L. Shofner, K. Lozano, F.J. Rodriguez-Macias, and E.V. Barrera, “Nanofiber-reinforced polymers prepared by fused deposition modeling”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 89, 3081 (2003).
- M.L. Shofner, H.Q. Peng, Z. Gu, V.N. Khabashesku, J.L. Margrave, and E.V. Barrera, “Mechanical properties of polyethylene containing defunctionalized single wall nanotubes” in Mechanical Properties of Nanostructured Materials and Nanocomposites, Materials Research Society Fall Meeting Proceedings, Boston, Massachusetts (2003).
- R. Vaidyanathan, C. Green, T. Phillips, E. Barrera, M. Shofner, R. Wilkins, and S. Thiebault, “Carbon nanotube reinforced polymers for radiation shielding applications” in Proceedings for the 35th International SAMPE Technical Conference (ISBN 0-93-938994-95-6) Dayton, Ohio (2003).
- M.X. Pulikkathara, M.L. Shofner, R.T. Wilkins, G.J. Vera, E.V. Barrera, F.J. Rodriguez-Macias, R.K. Vaidyanathan, C.E. Green, and C.G. Condon, “Fluorinated single wall nanotube/polyethylene composites for multifunctional radiation protection” in Nanomaterials for Structural Applications, Materials Research Society Fall Meeting Proceedings, Boston, Massachusetts (2002).
© 2011-2020 The Shofner Lab All Rights Reserved -- Copyright notice by Blog Copyright